Uninstalling SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008R2 component
Here are the steps that you can follow, if you have to uninstall only SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2 from your server. These steps are pretty easy and can be completed without any issues. Here we will be uninstalling SSRS 2008 R2 from Windows 2008 R2 server.
1) Navigate to control panel à Program and features. In Windows 2008 and earlier edition go to add/remove programs. Select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and click on change/uninstall.
2) You may see below error if other people are also logged in to this server. You may have to wait for other user to logoff from the server before continuing.
3) In this window click on Remove option.
4) You may see this window for some time. No action required, this step is just for FYI. Move to step 5.
5) Here installer will check the setup support rules. If there are no failures go to next step.
6) Select the instance for which you want to remove SSRS component. Here I have selected the default instance (as it is the only instance available in this example). Click Next.
7) Here in this window select the components to be removed. Here we will select Reporting Services and will move to next step.
8) Uninstall process will check for any processes which can block this uninstall and can lead to failure. If no failure is found proceed to next step.
9) Review the summary to make sure you have all the required components selected like here only SSRS, for uninstall. Click on Remove.
10) You will see below screen if SQL Server Reporting Services is uninstalled successfully.
NOTE: – Removing other SQL Server 2008 R2 components is also similar to what we have done above for removing SSRS.