Configuring firewall settings for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) on Windows 2008 R2
This is the last of the series of articles that we have published on how to configure firewall settings for SQL Server components installed on Windows 2008 R2 server. So, now we will be talking about opening port for SOL Server Reporting services on Windows 2008 R2.
1) Go to Start –> Administrative tools–> Windows Firewall with Advanced security tool.
2) Here go to Inbound Rule tab and open a new rule window. We will be creating a new rule in order to open a port for SSRS.
3) Since we have to open port for SSRS, select the option Port in Rule type and move to the next step.
4) Select TCP and mention the port number as 80. Then move to next step.
5) Select allow the connection so that connections are allowed to SSRS using port 80. Then move next.
6) In the profile tab, select the appropriate option as per your requirement.
7) In this final step, provide appropriate name to this rule like ReportServer (TCP on 80) and click Finish.
8) Rules are enabled by default but you can verify that by going to Inbound rules and look for the newly created rule.