HOW TO INCREASE MAX STORAGE LIMIT FOR QUERY HISTORY CONFIGURATION?
NOTE: hist_disabled is the QHIST configuration which will not collect anything. And ALL_HIST is supposed to be the configuration that you want to change. please change the names as per your setup.
1) nzsql -c “SET HISTORY CONFIGURATION hist_disabled”
In below step we are increasing the limit to 10GB
4) nzsql – c “ALTER HISTORY CONFIGURATION ALL_HIST STORAGELIMIT=10000”
5) nzsql -c “SET HISTORY CONFIGURATION ALL_HIST”
8) Once system is back online run below command to make sure history configuration is changed to ALL_HIST
nzsql -c “SHOW HISTORY CONFIGURATION”
TO disable query history in Netezza follow below steps:
1) Create a new history configuration which will not collect any data
SYSTEM(ADMIN)=> CREATE HISTORY CONFIGURATION hist_disabled HISTTYPE none;
CREATE HISTORY CONFIGURATION
Incase you already have a configuration with this name, you cna drop that by running below command.
SYSTEM(ADMIN)=> DROP HISTORY CONFIGURATION ALL_HIST;
ERROR: Current history configuration ‘ALL_HIST’ cannot be dropped
2) Run below query and you will see this new configuration but in disabled state
SYSTEM(ADMIN)=> show history configuration all;
3) Now run below command to set hist_disabled as a new configuration that system will use.
SYSTEM(ADMIN)=> set history configuration hist_disabled;
SET HISTORY CONFIGURATION
4) Now restart NPS for the changes to take effect.
5) OPTIONAL – You can drop the queryhistory database if needed.