You can check the current version of viepoint by either of below two ways:
1) If you have access to viewpoint host server then connect to the viewpoint host via putty and rrun below command
ViewPoint_Host:~ # rpm -qa | grep viewpoint
2) Just open your viewpoint via web browser and you will see the login window. Here at the bottom of the page you will see the version just next to Copyright message.
Teradata Viewpoint 15.10.00.07-b96v
To change MaxParseTreeSegs value, kindly follow the below steps:
1) Connect to any of the Teradata host or you can do this from Viewpoint also.
2) Enter DBSControl
Release 15.10.00.05 Version 15.10.00.05
DBSControl Utility (Dec 99)
The current DBS Control GDO has been read.
Enter a command, HELP, or QUIT:
3) Enter below command to display current settings
DBS Control Record – Performance Fields:
1. DictionaryCacheSize = 8192 (KB; Default value)
2. DBSCacheCtrl = TRUE (Enabled)
3. DBSCacheThr = 10 (Percent; Default value)
4. MaxParseTreeSegs = 2000
5. ReadAhead = TRUE (Enabled)
Here you will see MaxParseTreeSegs (4th row) is set to 2000
4) Run below command to chnage this value to 4000 or desired number what you want to set to.
modify perf 4=4000
The MaxParseTreeSegs field has been modified from 2000 to 4000.
NOTE: This change will become effective after the DBS Control Record
has been written.
5) Now, you have to issue write command for this change to take effect.
Locking the DBS Control GDO…
Updating the DBS Control GDO…
6) Make a new connection and your sql will now use newer value. No Teradata restart is needed for the change to take effect.